Thursday, April 2, 2009

How I got here

As y'all all know, my brother, Brad, went to Germany. I always thought he was completely crazy that he was leaving for a whole year. Leaving his friends, family. While he was gone I still thought he was crazy... I thought he was the bravest person in the world for doing what he did! I do not know exactly what changed my mind, but I did. Now I am going to be an exchange student to Norway! Every day people ask me why I want to be an exchange student, and I honestly do not know the answer. I say different things every time. Some times I say "why not?" and sometimes I say "it is a one in a life opportunity, and I am not going to let it pass" or sometimes "I will soon be bilingual, live in a whole new country, meet amazing people from all around the world, and learn about not only Norway, but the world".

So... You may be thinking "well... why Norway?". That is a good question... I am not really sure what got me to pick Norway, but it was my 1st choice out of 5, and I could not be happier. I have a friend who is an exchange student from Norway, and he is one of my really good friends. He talked me into picking Norway as my top country... he got me so excited and told me how different it is from here in Florida. And the language! Norwegian!!! Wow, it sounds so pretty. I love it and I can not wait to speak it! And a plus about speaking Norwegian, is that if I am good enough I will be able to understand Danish and Swedish!

So, I am going to blog about everything... I know what it is like to not know whats going on! Brad NEVER told anyone what was going on in Germany... and I hated it. I will update before I leave on how I am feeling and then when I get there I will talk about everything! I will not let anyone down! I am so excited and I can not wait to share my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment